Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Improv Crepes

Last night I baked some salmon, then I raided the fridge/freezer for a way to serve it.

Here is the random list of things I had in the freezer...

Mushrooms
Artichokes
Onion
Italian Cheeze (romano)
Basil
Jelly
Honey
Pepper Sauce
Vinegar.

I layered some crepes in the bottom of the pan, then filled it with salmon and artichokes.

I sauteed mushrooms in olive oil, made a rue with flour, stirred in 1/2 and 1/2 until I had a veggie gravy, added some dry basil, then melted a bit of the hard italian cheeze for a sauce.

I poured this sauce over the first layer of crepes, salmon, and artichokes.

I made a second layer of crepes and topped it with Brie Cheese and the following sauce mixture:

2 parts Jelly (I had pomegranite, raspberry, and blueberry jelly on hand)
1 part honey
1/4 part chili sauce
1/4 part cider vinegar

Then I melted the brie under the broiler, and... Amazing improv dinner from random groceries I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment