Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pita Pizzas

Last night, I had some random stuff in my kitchen.

Handmade pitas from a local bakery.
(3 days old, this is too old for bread that doesn't have preservatives)

Frozen All Natural Organic Turkey Breakfast Link Sausage.

Cherry Tomatoes, about ready to wrinkle.



I made olive oil and garlic glaze.
(I used 3 tbsp of oil and 3 garlic cloves for 5 pizzas but could have made 6 easily)



Basted Pitas with Olive Oil Garlic

Toppings: Cherry Tomatoes, Chopped Onion, Turkey Sausage, Grated Cheese

I Made:

Two Sausage and Onion Pita Pizzas
Two Cherry Tomato and Cheese Pizzas
One Cheese Pizza (just wanted some plain cheese and garlic)

We saved one of the Turkey Sausage and Onion Pizzas for Breakfast this morning.


Olive Oil Garlic Ratio:
(1 tbsp of oil per large clove of fresh pressed garlic)

Pita Pizza Ratio:
About 2 pitas per tbsp of oil, but we like a lot of garlic, so you could adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment