Sunday, January 24, 2010

Food is Fun!

Just got off the phone with Sabrina. We spent 20 minutes talking about groceries and another 20 minutes talking about food in general. At the end of this conversation, she challenged me to start this blog.

When I think about it, this blog has, in a way, been requested before. I love to create good food, using my instincts and my general knowledge of how ingredients work together. I avoid choosing one way to cook a dish. I know that every head of broccoli has a different experience of growth, and every individual tomato, sweet potato, and so on and so forth. So I know that no matter what someone does to get the same result every time, there are always subtle differences. I strive for variety and balance in my food. So when my friends and family ask me for a recipe, instead they get a long conversation about a process including many options, improvisations, and dumb luck tales from Susie's Kitchen.

So here you are, ladies and gentlemen, some things I have learned about food since I first pondered the mystery of who invented gravy when I was 10 or 11 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment