Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh! Caserole

My Freezer: I have learned to use my freezer, just in the last couple of years, before that, I pretty much frowned on anything frozen except ice, ice-cream, and cheap frozen pizza (Totino's cheap). So anyway, I have learned to utilize my electricity sucker very well.

Whenever I have bread or biscuit leftovers, I freeze them. One of my favorite casserole toppings is to mix about 4 parts cheese to 2 parts bread/biscuit 1 part mayo... yes this might sound strange. But... think on this...

Mayo is just oil, egg, and flavors, so it has tremendous binding power.
So, try it! Top a caserole with some cheesy, bread and mayo brown bubble goodness.


I made fresh condensed mushroom soup pretty often. So I had this pre-prepped mix of my soup, but you can use canned of course. I made a pretty traditional chicken, broccoli, rice, and mushroom soup caserole. I topped it with cheesy, bread and mayo goodness, and baked it at about 375 F till it had brown bubbles on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment